Last year, we announced private beta for two-way SMS and free incoming SMS and after months of quality testing and routing optimization, we are happy to announce that Two-way SMS is out of beta for all customers. Now you can buy Plivo SMS phone numbers that send and receive SMS text messages in 19 countries using Plivo’s UI and API. Also, as for all of our SMS services (long code and short code), incoming SMS is always free of charge.
Two-way SMS Coverage in 19 Countries
We’ve already battle tested our two-way SMS service with many customers who are operating large scale web and mobile apps. These include apps for polls and surveys, car sharing and vehicle dispatches, delivery notifications; all with free incoming SMS. Now you can buy Two-way SMS phone numbers to receive text Messages in 19 countries.
How to Get Two-way SMS Numbers
With the launch of our new phone number search API earlier this month, every Plivo customer can now access and buy SMS numbers in 2 ways:
SMS API Features
Our full-featured SMS API includes everything you need to build great web and mobile applications:
- Automatic SMS concatenation
- Message queuing
- Delivery Reports
- Unicode support for every language
The Plivo Advantage
We’ve built a robust network infrastructure with high quality of service, unlimited scalability, and high availability to ensure that we provide our customers with the most reliable communications backbone in the industry.
- High SMS Deliverability: Our carrier directs & optimized routing ensures high SMS delivery rates and low latency
- Instant Provisioning: Provision thousands of ready to use regular and toll-free numbers instantly through our API or dashboard. No waiting.
- Automatic Scaling: Active reserve servers and hybrid cloud machines deliver instant and unlimited scalability for voice and SMS traffic.
- Flexible Queuing: No need for rate limited on the client side, our Voice and SMS queuing system ensures all requests are processed and completed efficiently.