Last year, we announced a private beta for two-way SMS and free incoming SMS. During that time we battle-tested our two-way SMS service with customers who operate large-scale web and mobile apps, including apps for polls and surveys, ride hailing and vehicle dispatches, and delivery notifications. After months of quality testing and routing optimization, we’re happy to announce that two-way SMS is out of beta for all customers. Now you can buy Plivo SMS phone numbers that send and receive SMS text messages in 19 countries using Plivo’s UI and API. And incoming SMS messages on our long code and short code numbers are always free of charge.
You can buy two-way SMS phone numbers in 19 countries:
How to get two-way SMS numbers
With the launch of our new phone number search API earlier this month, every Plivo customer can now access and buy SMS numbers either from the Phone Numbers > Buy Numbers page of the Plivo console or by using Plivo’s new Number Search API.
SMS API features
Our full-featured SMS API includes everything you need to build great web and mobile applications:
- Automatic SMS concatenation
- Message queuing
- Delivery reports
- Unicode support for every language
The Plivo advantage
We’ve built a robust network infrastructure with high quality of service, unlimited scalability, and high availability to ensure that we provide our customers with the most reliable communications backbone in the industry.
- High SMS deliverability: Our carrier directs and optimized routing ensures high SMS delivery rates and low latency.
- Instant provisioning: Provision thousands of ready-to-use regular and toll-free numbers instantly through our API or dashboard — no waiting.
- Automatic scaling: Active reserve servers and hybrid cloud machines deliver instant and unlimited scalability for voice and SMS traffic.
- Flexible queuing: No need for rate limiting on the client side — our voice and SMS queuing system ensures all requests are processed and completed efficiently.