SMS and Voice APIs
Thousands of companies use Plivo’s global cloud communications platform and voice and messaging APIs to power their business engagement platforms, including stores, ecommerce sellers, and other retailers.
Plivo APIs for communication?
for retail and ecommerce businesses
Enhance customer communications
- Deliver text-to-pay links, order updates, delivery alerts, restocked product notifications, and electronic receipts.
- Send targeted coupons and bulk SMS messages about flash sales and promotions.
- Provide answers to customer service questions.
Improve security and enhance office efficiency
- Increase login security with two-factor authentication and one-time passwords.
- Send incoming callers to their choice of departments via IVR menus that accept both DTMF and speech input.
- Manage workers’ shift assignments and changes and keep staff updated on hours, policies, and other information.
Plivo for their communications
We talk about the pros and cons of different number types in a recent blog post. In the US, application-to-person (A2P) texting requires the use of 10DLC numbers, while short codes have different benefits.
Yes. Many businesses find it advantageous to anonymize communication between two parties — for example, between a customer and a delivery agent on a food delivery service platform or a driver and a rider using a ride-hailing application. We’ve written use case guides that show how to implement number masking in your applications.
Yes, Plivo supports bulk messaging to up to 1,000 unique destination numbers in a single API call.
You can send an SMS version of an electronic receipt as a pure text message, or send an image version of a receipt using MMS. Plivo provides a no-code/low-code design tool called PHLO that lets you do this quickly, or you can integrate the process into your existing application with the help of one of our SDKs.