Plivo BrowserSDK allows you to make and receive calls using Plivo applications directly from any web browser. Using our SDK, you can create applications like Click to Call, Conferencing Bridges and even Web phones.
With the BrowserSDK, you can add many interesting functionality into your Web app. Some of them are:
- Call Center - Build a more efficient call center workflow by allowing your agents to make and receive calls via their browser and control call flows in your app using our API.
- Click to Call - Whether you're building a feature rich call center or adding click-to-call for your CRM app, Plivo runs seamlessly in the background to allow your users to interact via audio communication.
- Web Based Help Desk - Create great service experiences and workflows. Your sales and support agents can access customer info while making calls directly from their web browser.
- Web Conferencing - Build rich conference experiences with Plivo's out-of-the-box features including unique call flows, recording calls, and branded conference greetings, just to name a few.
How does it work?
- An internet call is initiated by a Plivo Endpoint from a Browser App to Plivo’s Voice Platform.
- Plivo’s Voice Platform notifies your application server about the call.
- Plivo will handle the call based on the XML returned by the application server. In this case, a Dial XML will connect the call with the phone number specified in the XML.
- A call will be initiated to the phone number specified in the Dial XML.
- Once the call is answered, the two parties will be connected and will be able to talk to each other.
To learn more about managing the call flows and types of call flows, you can refer to the Voice Overview Guide.