Troubleshooting Guide — Mobile SDKs
Incoming Call Issues
To deliver incoming call notifications, the iOS SDK uses the Apple Push Notification service (APN) and the Android SDK uses Google Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM). See our detailed guides to setting up push notifications for iOS and Android.
Make these checks to see if push notification configurations are correct.
- Verify that the application is using the correct device token during the login process.
- For iOS, make sure that the Certificate type is not selected as Sandbox for the Production environment and vice versa.
- Verify that the APN/GCM API key is correct by updating the push credentials on the Plivo console.
The following are some generic call issues from the mobile SDKs, along with their solutions.
- Plivo client is not able to establish a call.
- The network connection may not be available.
- Your firewall might be blocking traffic from your device.
- Make sure an endpoint is registered from the app before making a call.
- Plivo client is experiencing no audio or one-way audio during a call.
- The microphone might be in the mute state.
- The app might not have permission to access the microphone.
- Plivo client experiencing call audio drops during the call.
- Plivo client requires high-speed and low-latency network connection. Reduce network activity not related to VoIP or have a separate network to handle VoIP endpoints.
- Plivo client is experiencing garbled call audio. The CPU and RAM may be overutilized.
- Close unwanted applications running in the background.
- Reduce ambient noise.
- Using a headset may also help improve audio quality.