Troubleshooting Guide - Mobile SDKs
Incoming Call Issues
Incoming call issues to the Mobile SDK.
Mobile SDK uses the Apple Push Notification Service (APN) for iOS, and Google Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) for Android to deliver incoming call notifications. You can also find detailed guides to setup Push notifications for iOS and Android.
Below are a few checks to make sure the Push Notification configurations are correct.
- Verify that the application is using the correct device token during the login process.
- For iOS, make sure that the Certificate type is not selected as Sandbox for the Production environment and vice versa.
- Verify that the APN/GCM API key is correct by updating the push credentials on Plivo Console.
Note: To make debugging issues easier, errors related to Push notifications are presented in the call debug logs available on the Plivo console. Comprehensive list of error messages related to push notification failures is available here.
The following are some generic call issues from the Mobile SDK, along with their solutions.
- Plivo client is not able to establish a call.
- The network connection may not be available.
- Your firewall might be blocking traffic from your device.
- Make sure endpoint is registered from the app, before making a call.
- Plivo client is experiencing no audio or one-way audio during a call.
- The microphone might be in the mute state.
- The app might not have permission to access the microphone.
- Plivo client experiencing call audio drops during the call.
- Plivo client requires high speed and low latency network connection. Reduce network activity not related to VoIP or have a separate network to handle VoIP endpoints.
- Plivo client is experiencing garbled call audio. The CPU and RAM may be overutilized.
- Close unwanted applications from the background.
- Reduce the ambient noise.
- Using a headset may also help improve audio quality.