Getting started with Call Forwarding
Call Forwarding is used to redirect incoming calls to another phone number. Plivo’s PHLO allows you to quickly create and configure a Call Forwarding system for your business. This PHLO is triggered with an incoming call.
Use Case Outline
Creating the Use Case using PHLO
With PHLO, you can quickly create a workflow that suits your use case. To use PHLO, make sure to register and log on to Plivo Console.
In this use case, we will build a simple IVR system for two departments. Use the following components to create this PHLO:
- Call Forward
When you make a call to the phone number linked to the PHLO, it triggers a call to the representatives using the Call Forward components. The Call will be routed to the representative with the least call wait time.
In this example, we will create a PHLO to forward the call to another individual.
To create this PHLO
- On the top navigation bar, click PHLO. The PHLO page will appear and display your existing PHLOs, if any. If this is your first PHLO, then the PHLO page will be empty.
- Click CREATE NEW PHLO to build a new PHLO.
- On the Choose your use-case window, click Build my own. The PHLO canvas will appear with the Start node. Note: The Start node is the starting point of any PHLO. You can choose between the four available trigger states of the Start node; Incoming SMS, Incoming Call, Endpoint Call, and API Request. For this PHLO, we will use the Incoming Call trigger state.
- From the list of components, on the left hand side, drag and drop the Call Forward component onto the canvas. This will add a Call Forward node onto the canvas.
- Connect the Start node with the Call Forward node, using the Incoming Call trigger state.
- Configure the Call Forward node to select the From number using a variable. Enter all the numbers you wish to call in the To field, separated with commas.
- Once you have configured a node, click Validate to save the configurations.
- After you complete the configurations, click Save. Your PHLO is now ready. Link the PHLO to a Plivo Phone Number and test it out. For more information, see Adding the PHLO to a Phone Number .
Your complete PHLO will look like this:
Triggering the PHLO on Incoming Calls
Once you have created and configured your PHLO, assign your PHLO to a number. To assign a PHLO to a number
- Login to your Console
- On the Product Navigation bar, click Phone Number.
- On the Numbers page, under Your Numbers, click the phone number you wish to use for the PHLO.
- In the EDIT NUMBERS window, select PHLO from the App Type list.
- From the PHLO list, select the PHLO you wish to use with the phone number, and then click Update.
You can now make a call to your phone number to test your PHLO.
If you have not purchased a phone number yet, you can buy Phone number(s) by referring to the instructions available here.
Uses of this PHLO
You can also use this PHLO structure for other use cases, like: