Getting Started with Call Conference with Pin
Call Conferences are used when multiple people are connected to the same call, at the same time. It is widely used for conducting meetings. Plivo’s PHLO allows you to quickly create and configure a call conferencing system for your business. The PHLO is triggered with an incoming call.
Use Case Outline
Creating the Use Case using PHLO
With PHLO, you can quickly create a workflow that suits your use case. To use PHLO, make sure to register and log on to Plivo Console.
Use the following components to create this PHLO:
When you make a call to the phone number linked to the PHLO, it initiates a conference call using the Conference component. This is a simple use case, yet it is one of the most widely used.
To create this PHLO
- On the top navigation bar, click PHLO. The PHLO page will appear and display your existing PHLOs, if any. If this is your first PHLO, then the PHLO page will be empty.
- Click CREATE NEW PHLO to build a new PHLO.
- On the Choose your use-case window, click Build my own. The PHLO canvas will appear with the Start node. Note: The Start node is the starting point of any PHLO. You can choose between the four available trigger states of the Start node; Incoming SMS, Incoming Call, Endpoint Call, and API Request. For this PHLO, we will use the Incoming Call trigger state.
- From the list of components, on the left hand side, drag and drop the Conference component onto the canvas. This will add a Conference node onto the canvas.
- Connect the Start node with the Conference node, using the Incoming Call trigger state.
- Configure the Conference Type as Protected.
- Enter a Participant PIN and Moderator PIN for the Conference.
- All participants will need to enter the Participant PIN to connect to the Conference. The Moderator of the Conference will use the Moderator PIN to start the Conference.
- You can also add an Announcement Message to greet the callers, and configure the Hold Music.
- Make sure to validate the configuration.
- After you complete the configuration, click Save.
Your complete PHLO will look like this:
The Start node is the starting point of any PHLO. You can choose between the four available trigger states of the Start node; Incoming SMS, Incoming Call, Endpoint Call, and API Request. For this PHLO, we will use the Incoming Call trigger state.
Your PHLO is now ready. Link the PHLO to a Plivo Phone Number and test it out. For more information, see Adding the PHLO to a Phone Number .
Triggering the PHLO on Incoming Calls
Once you have created and configured your PHLO, assign your PHLO to a number. To assign a PHLO to a number
- Login to your Console
- On the Product Navigation bar, click Phone Number.
- On the Numbers page, under Your Numbers, click the phone number you wish to use for the PHLO.
- In the EDIT NUMBERS window, select PHLO from the App Type list.
- From the PHLO list, select the PHLO you wish to use with the phone number, and then click Update.
You can now make a call to your phone number to test your PHLO.
If you have not purchased a phone number yet, you can buy Phone number(s) by referring to the instructions available here.