- 31 May 2019
3 Things to Improve Call Quality during Conference Calls
As an early adopter of cloud conferencing solutions and the industry’s first to provide Opus Codec for browsers, Plivo has captured insights from a myriad of customers about the voice conferencing challenges they repeatedly face.
There is no denying that the modern workforce demands. Our global, collaboration economy demands that remote players seamlessly connect through a rich, uniform, and reliable communication experience, every single time.
And with this change in workplace dynamics comes the need for a better cloud conferencing solution. Our solution bakes in extensive user feedback to ensure it aligns with the market reality.
Here are a few ways we’ve optimized our solution relative to others in the market.
- Uniform customer experience with global coverage
- An architecture that improves call quality and minimizes call latency
- Capabilities to derive analytical insights
Uniform Customer Experience With Global Coverage
When your customers get on a conference call, you want to provide them a hassle-free experience with easy connection and clear conversation quality. Plivo’s full-fledged conference solution is designed to fit your customer needs at every stage:
- Coverage: We have a comprehensive network of Tier-1 carriers in over 190 countries with voice and SMS to over 1600 global carrier networks.
- Call quality: In our previous blog, we covered the steps we have taken to strengthen our infrastructure with globally located data centers, and failover mechanisms. With our optimized global routing, latency, jitter, and packet loss are reduced considerably.
- Proactive testing: With the help of quality-based routing and distributed test nodes, we are continuously testing and improving the call quality. Redundancy: We maintain redundancy and auto-failovers across all layers of our Carrier-Integration-System. This setup protects our customers from downstream risks such as carrier outages and network failures, among other things.
- Direct connections with SLAs: With premium direct routes in over 190 countries, we guarantee timely delivery to any mobile network in the world. Not just that, we do not use aggregators and work directly with all major telecom operators in every region, which helps us deliver better quality and resolve issues more rapidly.
An Architecture that Improves Call Quality and Minimizes Call Latency
Here is a trick question - What do California, Virginia, Frankfurt, São Paulo, Singapore and Sydney have in common?
If you said Game of Thrones - you would actually be right! Oh boy, they were all over the world! But these are the locations where we’ve got our 6 Point of Presence (PoP) locations spread across 5 continents with optimized global routing. We established these PoPs in response to our customers’ feedback regarding latency from a distributed server infrastructure. This optimized global routing is a foundational part of our offering.
Capabilities to Derive Analytical Insights
We are fast inching towards a world where you can sit back and relax in a driverless car. Wonder what makes that possible for a driverless experience? Real-time analytics of the surrounding systems by the Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) technology in the car. Similarly, in communications too, things like packet loss, jitter, or latency in calls will drastically reduce overall call quality and having data at your fingertips is the only way to understand performance and to inform real-time decisions.
Plivo’s Browser Call Analytics allows you to track metrics such as latency, jitter, packet loss, and Mean Opinion Score (MOS). Tracking these metrics helps you assess call quality, enables faster debugging of any issues, and real-time detection of network problems.
For Plivo, this means, we have the ability to pass feedback after every conference call to help your customers troubleshoot issues proactively. Imagine if your customers being able to debug or troubleshoot if the call quality was due to a poor network connection or a bad headset.
One More Thing
Our goal here at Plivo is to simplify business communications. Things like real-time analytics, direct relationships with carriers, and optimized PoP infrastructure are just a few of the ways we help make it super simple for you to integrate voice communications. But, we also understand that from time to time, you may have questions or need support implementing or troubleshooting. That’s why we offer all our customers round the clock support at no extra cost.
If you have questions or would like to understand how we can help you differentiate and grow, connect with us.