EDIT: The Python SDK is now out of beta — see the GA release blog post.
We’re excited to announce the public beta of the Plivo Python SDK 4.0, which offers more features and improved performance. New features will be added to this version going forward. Python helper library 0.11.x, now called the legacy version, will receive only critical bug fixes and security patches.
You might wonder why we changed our version number from 0.11.3 to 4.0. It’s because we’re rewriting all of our SDKs from scratch and we wanted to give them all a common version number.
- The new SDK works with both Python 2 and 3. It has been tested against 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, and 3.6.
- The SDK handles JSON serialization and deserialization.
- The API interfaces are consistent and guessable.
- The SDK handles pagination automatically when listing all objects of a resource.
- The SDK has excellent IDE support, including but not limited to PyCharm, Atom, Vim, and Sublime Text, without the need to juggle between documentation and code.