Introducing Plivo Go SDK 4.0 (Beta)
EDIT: The Go SDK is now out of Beta. Please refer to the GA release blogpost to know more.
We are super excited to announce the public beta of the official Plivo Go SDK 4.0, the first version of our Go helper. This announcement is the fifth of several announcements we will make over the next couple of weeks regarding our next version of helpers. So far, we released the Plivo Python SDK 4.0 (Beta), the Plivo Ruby SDK 4.0 (Beta), the Plivo Node.js SDK 4.0 (Beta) and the Plivo PHP SDK 4.0 (Beta).
- The Go SDK works with all versions of Go >= 1.0.x. It has been tested against all minor versions from 1.0.x till 1.9.x
- The API interfaces are consistent and guessable
- The new SDK has excellent IDE support (including but not limited to Atom, Vim and Sublime Text) without the need to juggle between documentation and code
- Get started with the Go SDK on Plivo Developers Portal
- See more examples of how you can use this SDK at Plivo API Reference for the latest Go SDK
- Check out our guide on how to set up the dev environment and start serving Plivo XML in under 5 minutes.
- Report any feedback or problems with this beta version by opening an issue on Github.
- You can view the codebase for this version at https://github.com/plivo/plivo-go
Why a v4.0 to start with
We are rewriting all our SDKs from scratch and we wanted to give a common version to all of them this time as a few SDKs had several major releases while a few helpers were still in 0.x. Also, before this version, even though unofficial, there was an excellent version of community-contributed Go SDK. This new SDK is being released after a long gap since the initial community-contributed version and also contains support for Plivo XML, we chose to version this SDK as a v4.
We recommend you use this version of the helper as this is the official version where all the upcoming new features will be added by our SDKs team. Report any feedback or problems with this beta version by opening an issue on Github.