SMS messages that use regular ten-digit phone numbers (a.k.a. long codes) are heavily regulated in the US and Canada. Long codes, however, remain the medium of choice for businesses seeking to engage with their customers via SMS. A long code is more familiar to customers, has a price advantage, and is easily procured. As a result, long codes are the natural choice for most use cases.
Powerpack makes SMS communication using long codes effective and reliable at scale. It is designed to meet your overall SMS throughput and volume requirements, regardless of the size of your business.
By automatically distributing your overall SMS traffic across a pool of source numbers, Powerpack keeps you compliant with the per day and per second throughput limits defined by the CTIA (Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association).
Features of Powerpack
- Number Pooling: Powerpack intelligently distributes your outbound SMS traffic over a pool of source numbers to optimize your overall SMS volumes.
- Sticky Sender: Sticky Sender helps maintain a single thread of conversation by always sending messages to the subscriber from the same source number in the pool.
- Local Connect: Local Connect helps prioritize phone numbers in the pool that belong to the region and/or area code of the subscriber.
- Number Pool Refresh: Powerpack keeps your pool of numbers healthy by automatically replacing phone numbers that have a poor delivery rate.
- Auto Traffic Distribution: Powerpack evenly distributes your outbound SMS traffic across the available phone numbers in your number pool.
- Source Number Queueing: A dedicated rate-limiting queue per source number ensures that you never exceed the per number message sending rates applicable in the US and Canada.
For more information about Powerpack, please read more in our detailed guide.