Programmatically interact with your customers globally over SMS using the Plivo SMS Platform.
- You can programmatically send and receive SMS messages across the world.
- Our direct carrier connections and optimized routing ensure high SMS delivery rates and low latency.
- Competitive pricing from the start. Simple usage-based pricing means you pay only for what you use.
- Enable your app with SMS in minutes with ready-to-use templates and Getting Started guides.
Life of an outbound SMS message
- Your application uses Plivo’s Send SMS API to send an SMS message.
- Plivo’s SMS Platform sends the message to local carriers.
- The message travels across telecom networks and is delivered to the destination phone number.
- Once the message is delivered, the carrier receives the delivery report.
- The carrier sends the delivery report to the Plivo SMS Platform.
- Plivo then sends the delivery report to your application.
Life of an inbound SMS message
Incoming messages travel the exact opposite path of outgoing messages.
- They originate at the mobile handset and move through telecom networks to arrive at Plivo’s carrier partner.
- The carrier sends the message to Plivo’s SMS Platform.
- Plivo looks up the application associated with the destination phone number and forwards the message to the web service endpoint configured on the application.