Programmatically interact with your customers globally over SMS using the Plivo SMS platform.
- You can programmatically send and receive SMS messages across the world.
- Our direct carrier connections and optimized routing ensure high SMS delivery rates and low latency around the world.
- Competitive pricing from the start. Simple usage-based pricing means you only pay for what you use.
- Enable your app with SMS in minutes with ready to use templates and getting started guides.
Life of an Outbound SMS
- Your application utilizes Plivo’s Send SMS API to send an SMS message.
- Plivo’s SMS Platform sends the SMS to the local carriers.
- From here, the SMS travels across telecom networks and is delivered to the destination phone number.
- Once the SMS is delivered, the carrier receives the delivery report.
- The carrier sends the delivert report to Plivo SMS Platform
- Plivo SMS Platform then sends the delivery report to your application.
Life of an Inbound SMS
SMS messages received on your Plivo phone numbers are referred to as incoming messages. Incoming messages travel along the exact opposite path of an outgoing SMS.
- They originate at the mobile handset and move through telecom networks to arrive at Plivo’s carrier partner.
- The carrier then sends the message to Plivo SMS Platform.
- Plivo looks up the application associated with the destination phone number and forwards the SMS to the web service endpoint configured on the application.