Configuring FusionPBX to connect with Zentrunk
Zentrunk is a SIP Trunking service from Plivo that allows you to connect with fixed and mobile phones in over 200 countries. Connect your cloud or on-premise communication infrastructure to Plivo’s Zentrunk SIP Trunking service to connect to your customers easily.
This documentation provides a basic configuration to get FusionPBX up and running with Plivo as the external SIP gateway.
To get started with Zentrunk using FusionPBX you would need to do the following:
- Install FusionPBX on your environment.
- Create a Trunk on Zentrunk using Plivo Console.
- Configure Outbound Gateway on FusionPBX to connect to the Trunk created in the previous step.
Installation of FusionPBX
For more information on installing FusionPBX, see the following FusionPBX documents:
- Follow the instructions here to install FusionPBX on Debian.
- Follow the instructions here to install FusionPBX on CentOS/Ubuntu.
Create a Trunk on Zentrunk
You can create a trunk using Plivo Console. For more information on creating a Trunk on Plivo Console, see Getting Started with Zentrunk.
Configuring Outbound Gateway(Trunk) on FusionPBX
Configuring your Outbound Trunk involves the following steps:
- Set IP of FusionPBX server - from local to public
- Configuring an Extension
- Adding a Gateway
- Adding Outbound Routes
- Configuring X-Lite
Note: There are many softphones that you can use (for example, X-Lite, Blink for Linux, etc). In this tutorial, we will be using the X-Lite Softphone.
Set IP of FusionPBX server
- From the dashboard, hover over the Advanced menu, and then click Variables.
- On the Variable page, go to IP Address section and change the following variables :
- external_rtp_ip: curl -s http://instance-data/latest/meta-data/public-ipv4
- external_sip_ip: curl -s http://instance-data/latest/meta-data/public-ipv4
To add an extension
- From the Accounts menu, click Extensions.
- On the Extensions page, click + to add an extension. The Add SIP Extension page appears.
- Add the Extension, and then click Save. Note: Extension is the extension number to dial to reach the user.
- Enter the password for the extension. Note: This will be the password configured for the device.
- Once done, click Save.
Your extension is created.
To add a Gateway
- From your FusionPBX dashboard, hover over the Accounts menu, and then click Gateways.
- On the Gateways page, click + to add a gateway.
- On the Add Gateway page, enter the following details:
- Gateway: A friendly name for the trunk (for example, demo-gateway)
- Username: Username for TestAuthGroup
- Password: Password for TestAuthGroup
- Proxy: Termination SIP Domain of your Plivo Trunk
- Once done, click Save.
A gateway will be created. You must now configure an outbound route to this gateway.
To add an outbound route
- From the Dialplan menu, click Outbound Routes.
- On the Outbound Routes page, click + to add an outbound route.
- On the Outbound Route - Add Route page, enter the following details:
- Gateway: Select the gateway you created in the previous section (demo-gateway).
- Dialplan Expression: Select International from the drop-down list.
- Once you have entered your dial pattern, click SAVE.
The outbound route will be configured to your gateway.
To configure X-Lite
- Download and install X-Lite.
- On X-Lite, navigate to Preferences.
- On the Accounts tab, click Add Account, and then click New SIP Account.
- Enter the User ID and Authorization name. Note: Use the extension name for the User ID and Authorization name.
- In the Domain field, enter the domain of your FusionPBX machine.
- In the Password field, enter the password for your extension.
- Once you have configured X-Lite, click OK.
Your endpoint entry will be displayed in the Accounts tab. If all configuration details are accurate, the status will show the account as enabled.