Plivo iOS SDK
The Plivo iOS SDK v2 allows you to make outgoing and receive incoming calls in your iOS application. It supports Pushkit and Callkit and eliminates the need for persistent connections to receive incoming calls. The SDK currently supports iOS version 8 and above, including iOS 11. Plivo iOS SDK now supports IPv6 networks. You can make and receive calls when your device is connected to a network that uses IPv4, IPv6, or both versions of the protocol.
Incoming Voice Call
Outgoing Voice Call
To get started, below are some prerequisites
- Register for a Plivo account. You need a Plivo account to create endpoints and PHLO.
- Plivo Endpoint: An endpoint facilitates making and receiving calls from the iOS client. For more information on what an endpoint is and where it can be used, see the endpoint tutorial. Create an endpoint as required. You can automate the creation of endpoints if required using our REST API. Please refer to our API documentation for endpoint for more details.
- Xcode IDE: Download the latest version of Xcode IDE from https://developer.apple.com/xcode/ide/
- Apple Developers certificate: It is required for testing the app on an actual device. You do not need the certificate if you plan to test the application on a simulator.
- PHLO: Plivo High-Level Object (PHLO) is a collaborative way of building and deploying apps visually. You must create a PHLO and link it with your endpoint.
To create a VoIP enabled iOS app
- Install Cocoapods and add the PlivoVoiceKit framework.
- Use our iOS example Application as a starting point to creating your app.
- Refer to iOS SDK reference for more information on creating applications capable of making and receiving calls in your iOS app.
- To set up incoming calls with push notifications, see Setting up Push credentials.
- Create applications capable of making and receiving calls in your iOS app using Cocoapods
- Make outgoing and receive incoming calls in your iOS application using our Example
- Download the latest Plivo iOS SDK package
- Create applications capable of making and receiving calls in your iOS app using our iOS SDK Reference
- Receive incoming calls on the Plivo iOS SDK v2 using pushkit
- Managing Endpoint calls using PHLO