Getting Started with Plivo iOS SDK
Plivo iOS SDK interacts with the Plivo API and XML to control calls on the server side. This architecture will give you access to all the Plivo voice API features including conferencing and recording. Our iOS SDK also works seamlessly with other endpoints such as: landline (PSTN), IP or SIP phones and devices, and web applications. All calls that interface with your mobile apps will be transported over SIP.
By integrating with Plivo's iOS SDK, you can create a more interactive and immersive environment for your iOS app users. Here are a few examples:
- In-game voice chat: Add native voice calling into your iOS apps. Let your users have multi-player in-app voice conversations with each other in one seamless experience.
- Two-way dialer: Any user with wifi or mobile data can make calls to mobile and landline phones through your app.
- Mobile Call Center: Your sales and suppert agents can take or make calls directly from the app while they're on the move.
- Mobile Conference: Your users can join conference calls with a single click through their mobile app or web-browser.
Now that you understand how our iOS SDK works, it's time to build some apps! To show you what you can build with the iOS SDK, here are some sample applications. Or if you want to jump to the full documentation, visit our iOS SDK docs.
- Phone Registration - Shows you how to register your your SDK to Plivo. This is the first step to make and receive calls from the iOS SDK.
- Outbound Calling - Shows you how to make outbound calls from your app using the iOS SDK.
- Inbound Calling - Shows you how to receive inbound calls on your app using the iOS SDK.