The following actions can be performed with the
Using this API you can search for a number based on the number pattern, region
and number type.
Search for New Numbers
This API lets you search for fixed, mobile and tollfree numbers available on Plivo. Searches can be performed based on the country ISO, pattern, number type and region. We return a list of numbers which can then be bought.
||The ISO code A2 of the country ( BE for Belgium, DE for Germany, GB for United Kingdom, US for United States etc ). See the Wikipedia site for a list of ISOs for different countries.|
||The type of number you are looking for. The possible number types are
||Represents the pattern of the number to be searched. Adding a pattern will search for numbers which start with the country code + pattern. For eg. a pattern of 415 and a country_iso: US will search for numbers starting with 1415.|
||This filter is only applicable when the
||Filters out phone numbers according to the services you want from that number. The following values are valid:
||Numbers can be searched using Local Access and Transport Area. This filter is applicable only for
||Numbers can be searched using Rate Center. This filter is application only for
||Used to display the number of results per page. The maximum number of results that can be fetched is 20.|
||Denotes the number of value items by which the results should be offset. Eg:- If the result contains a 1000 values and
HTTP Status Code: 200
- string The country to which the number belongs to.
latarepresents Local access and transport area and will only be present for United States and Canada numbers.
- string The phone number which is available on Plivo and can be purchased using the API.
- string The type of the number associated with the group. The values can be 'fixed', 'mobile' and 'tollfree'
- string The number prefix. This is the area code of the number.
rate_centeris only available for United States and Canada numbers.
Numbers in some countries will have a restriction, in such a case, you will have to provide a verification
document to activate the number after buying it. Numbers can have the following restriction values:
city-address: A local city address proof is needed to activate this number.
country-address: An address proof is needed of the country this number belongs to.
terms-and-conditions: Your number will be activated without any verification, however you must submit a local address proof whenever Plivo requests for one.
null: Your number will be activated after buying and no address proof is required.
- string Contains text which describes the restriction.
- string The region, with the city and the country this number belongs to.
- string The monthly rent in USD for each number. The monthly rent is deducted on the 1st of every month and is pro-rated if the number is purchased any time in the middle of a month. For eg. If the number is bought on 20th of a month, Plivo will charge for the next 10 days of the month.
- string The one-time setup cost for the number in USD.
- boolean Lets you know if the number is SMS enabled. If the value returned is 'true', then you will be able to receive SMS on this number.
- string The cost of receiving an SMS on the number in USD.
- boolean Lets you know if the number is voice enabled. If the value returned is 'true', then you will be able to receive calls on this number.
- string The cost of receiving a voice call on this number per minute in USD.
The number retrieved from the search above should be used as an input to buy the number.
||The ID of the application that you want assigned to the Number. If not specified, then it is assigned to the default application of the Account.|
HTTP Status Code: 201
In certain countries where there are address regulations, you will receive a response similar to the following response. We will send an email to your registered account email with the requirements.