The following guide will show you how to:
- Search for and Buy Plivo Phone Numbers
- Submit Verification Documentation for Phone Numbers
- Check phone number invoice and payment logs
Search and Buy Plivo Phone Numbers
You can search for and buy Plivo phone numbers in two ways:
- Through the Number Search tab in your Plivo GUI (graphical user interface) or
- By using Plivo's Phone Number API (application programming interface).
Through the Plivo GUI
- Login and Navigate to the Number Search tab in your Plivo GUI.
- Search by phone number digits, location (e.g., California), LATA (Local Access Transport Area), or rate center.
- Filter phone numbers by features (i.e., voice, SMS, or both) and number type (i.e., fixed, mobile, toll-free, or any).
- Click on Buy to purchase your new Plivo phone number.
- All of your phone numbers can be found on the in the Numbers tab.
By using Plivo's Phone Number API
- To search, make a HTTP GET request to the Phone Number API. This API lets you search for fixed, mobile and tollfree numbers available on Plivo. Searches can be performed based on the country ISO, pattern, number type and region. We return a list of numbers which can then be bought. Go to the Phone Number API doc for full details on each parameter.
- To buy, make a HTTP POST request to the Phone Number API. Go to the Phone Number API doc for full details.
- You can list all of your numbers by making a HTTP GET request to the Numbers API.
Verification Documentation UI
You may be prompted to upload verification documentations for your phone number. You may do this directly in your Plivo Dashboard in your accounts page.
Phone Number Payment Log
Once you purchase a Plivo number, your account will be charged for the price of the number. You can check the invoice through the Payments tab of your Plivo GUI.