For those who want to start building your apps right away, follow these steps:
- Sign up for a free Plivo trial account.
- Install the right Helper Library based on the programming language you want to use.
- Use a web hosting service to host your web application. There are many inexpensive cloud hosting providers that you can use for just a few dollars a month. Follow the instructions of your hosting provider to host your web application.
- Check out our API docs to see all the things you can do with our APIs.
- If you need ideas on what to build, run through a few tutorials to familiarize with what you need to build your app.
- Buy a Plivo phone number (optional).
Note: A phone number is required for sending SMS to US and Canadian phone numbers, making voice calls, as well as receiving SMS and voice calls. You can buy SMS and Voice phone numbers through the Buy Numbers tab in Plivo account GUI or use the Plivo Phone Number API. Read the complete guide on how to purchase phone numbers from Plivo.
Note: For security reasons, Plivo Trial account users can only send sms text messages and make phone calls to phone numbers that have been verified with Plivo. Phone numbers can be verified on the Sandbox Numbers page.